John Holtger is a 16-year-old athlete from Abrams, WI that began racing at the age of 5 in go-karts on local clay oval tracks. John ventured into the world of Off-Road Racing at the age of 10 in the Midwest TORC Series. After 2 years he progressed into the Midwest Mod Kart Class, which is a smaller version of a PRO 2 race vehicle. These karts travel at speeds of over 80 MPH and will travel 60-70 feet through the air over jumps. In an effort to get more seat time and experience, John entered the Lucas Oil Off-Road National Series in Oct of 2017 and has competed in most of the National Races to date across CA, AZ, UT, MO, and NV. In addition, he has participated in the Midwest Short Course League Series, which includes races throughout WI, MI, MN, and IL. To diversify his skill set, and add additional experience, John has competed in asphalt Legend Cars in the Silver State Road Course Race Series (Las Vegas, NV) and the Winter Road Course Series (Charlotte, NC).
In March 2019 John decided to enter the UTV racing circuit. Participating in SXS Sports, LLC 2019 Chasing the Triple series John took 2nd place in the first (2) rounds of the Sportsman SXS class! John also debuted in the 2019 Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course League Sportsman Stock SXS class on June 15th in Crandon, WI – taking 1st place against 38 other drivers!
In August 2019 John had the opportunity to make his first appearance in the Robby Gordon Stadium Super Trucks Race during the NASCAR XFINITY event at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI! John debuted in this series as the youngest Wisconsin driver to race at Road America – at the age of 14! In 2020 John make his return appearance to this same Stadium Super Trucks Race at Road America…taking a solid 4th place finish in Race 1, and ending Race 2 with a crazy rollover!
2020 was a transition year for John as he progressed into the Professional Racing circuit. John debuted in the Pro Lite class and Pro Stock SXS class in the Championship Off-Road Series in June and ended up the 2020 Pro Lite Champion, and 4th place in points for the Pro Stock SXS class! John also raced in the Pro Stock SXS class in the SXS Sports, LLC 2020 King of the Elements Series (ending 3rd place in points), as well as the Mod Kart class in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing National Series, So-Cal Regional Series, and AZ Regional Series. John also took up racing Northern Sport Mods on the local tracks in Wisconsin on the weekends he is not busy racing elsewhere, and is currently registered to race this class in the Dirt Nationals at Bristol Motor Speedway in March!
With the dedication to continue becoming a well-developed professional racer, John is constantly looking for new ways to learn and improve his skill sets. He has had the opportunity to do rally car testing with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, has attended the Bondurant High Performance Driving School, and most recently tested Late Models on a track in Virginia!
• 2020 Championship Off-Road Pro Lite Champion (Rookie Year)
• 2019 Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course Mod Kart Champion
• 2019 Midwest Mod Kart World Cup Champion
• 2019 Midwest Sportsman Stock SXS World Cup Champion
• 2018 Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course Mod Kart Champion
• 2018 Midwest Mod Kart World Cup Champion
• 2nd Place in Points SXS Sports, LLC 2019 Chasing the Triple Series Sportsman Stock SXS
• 2nd Place in Points Lucas Oil Regional Series Mod Kart (2019)
• 3rd Place in Points SXS Sports, LLC 2020 King of the Elements Series Pro Stock (Rookie Year)
• 4th Place in Points Championship Off-Road Pro Stock SXS (Rookie Year)
• 4th Place in Points Lucas Oil National Series Mod Kart (2019)
• 4th Place Points Lucas Oil MW Short Course Series Sportsman Stock SXS (2019 Rookie Year)
• 6th Place in Points Lucas Oil National Series Mod Kart (2018 Rookie Year)
• 4th Place in Points U.S. Legend Car 2019 Silver State Road Course Series
Stay tuned to see what the 2021 season brings!!